Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So where did I leave off?

Thinking back to the beginning of mine and Seth's relationship makes me aware of how blessed we are to have found each other. It is so easy to get caught up in the events of each day that we forget our purpose in marriage. I remember why we fell in love to begin with, and who we are as a couple. It is a great reminder of my role as a wife, and how I work harder at serving and honoring my husband.

The first date:

After I finally decided to take a deep breath and go on a date with Seth, everything just fell into place. I remember driving to meet him, thinking I was about to make a bad decision, that I was being too impulsive.

When I got there I was a little jittery and a lot nervous. Seth walked out to meet me, and I immediately noticed that he was wearing house shoes. I had spent a long time getting ready, making sure that I looked just right...and he was wearing houseshoes!!! I was not impressed. Seth asked me, "So, Is this a date?" I responded to that, "I don't know, I will decide later." He took me to The Irish Rover in Louisville, then decided we wouldn't eat there because the wait was too long. I was thinking, "This guy is impatient and doesn't care enough to wear real shoes on our first date!" So he then takes me to Ernesto's, where we get a table and begin our conversation. That is where the direction of our date really made a turn...for the better.

All I can remember is us laughing about the paintings on the walls in the restaurant, we joked around, just like we do now. That is all it took, it seems really dumb, but after that moment there was no turning back for us. It was an amazing night, I would love to live it all over again; it was fun, romantic, daring, and I made fun of Seth's houseshoes numerous times. He took me home to meet his parents the next day, told me he love me the day after that, and then we started talking about marriage a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment